Lewis Hamilton ‘ready’ for F1’s restart after questioning Ferrari future


Lewis Hamilton is “ready” and his Ferrari team are “fully focused” to hit the ground running when Formula 1 fires up again at this weekend’s Dutch Grand Prix.

Hamilton cast some doubt as to whether he would participate in Zandvoort when he said only that he would “hopefully” return for the first race back after the sport’s summer shutdown.

The 40-year-old described himself as “absolutely useless” and called on Ferrari to replace him after he started and finished 12th at the last round in Hungary on August 3. Charles Leclerc was fourth in the other Ferrari.

Hamilton is 42 points behind Leclerc in the world championship, has been out-qualified by his teammate 10 times so far, beaten him in only two races, and is still awaiting his first podium in Ferrari colours.

But in Ferrari’s press release to preview the 15th round of the campaign, team principal Fred Vasseur said: “We’re back on track after the summer break, which gave the team and the drivers a chance to recharge, ready to face a very busy final part of the season.

“In the Netherlands, we want to maintain the positive momentum built up over the past few races, where we made progress in terms of competitiveness.

“Charles and Lewis are ready, and the team is fully focused, and determined to put them in the best possible position to get some good results.”

Hamilton’s former teammate George Russell is closing in on a contract extension with Mercedes.

However, the PA news agency understands there are no plans for confirmation of the British driver’s renewal to be rubber-stamped in Zandvoort.

Oscar Piastri heads the standings heading into the second half of the year. Piastri holds a nine-point lead over McLaren teammate Lando Norris with 10 rounds remaining.

What to know as F1 restarts after the summer break
‘I am useless’: Hamilton spiraling in dire Ferrari debut year
Ferrari boss: Hamilton and I ‘stupidly’ underestimated challenge



#Lewis #Hamilton #ready #F1s #restart #questioning #Ferrari #future

Related Posts

Sacha Hickey – meet the amateur boxer with ‘probably’ the best record in international boxing | Boxing News

Sacha Hickey has probably the best record in amateur boxing. She has only lost once in her whole life. The GB boxer has been a stellar junior and youth international…

Titans’ Calvin Ridley: Suspension made me ‘mentally stronger’

Turron DavenportAug 29, 2025, 08:14 AM ET Close Turron Davenport covers the Tennessee Titans for ESPN since 2018. Turron is a former collegiate football player at Cheyney University and is…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *