Antony transfer latest: Manchester United accept bid from Real Betis in permanent move for winger | Football News


Manchester United have accepted a £25m bid from Real Betis to sign Antony in a permanent deal, which includes a 50 per cent sell-on clause.

But Betis are delaying the move for the winger over compensation and personal terms.

The Brazil international, who has two years left on his United deal, has been given permission to travel to Seville for a medical.

It is now up to Antony and Real Betis to agree personal terms.

Antony
Image:
Antony was signed from Ajax for £86m in the summer of 2022

United had made it clear in negotiations with Betis that they did not want to do another straight loan for the 25-year-old, who spent the second half of last season on loan at the Spanish side.

Sky Sports News has previously reported that Antony had attracted interest from the Saudi Pro League.

Atletico Madrid, Bayer Leverkusen and Bayern Munich have also monitored his situation.

But, despite having other offers, Antony has made it clear he wanted to return to Betis.

Antony had an impressive loan spell there in the second half of last season, scoring nine goals in 24 starts.

If Antony completes a permanent move to Betis it would end a forgettable three years at Man Utd, whom he joined for £86m from Ajax.

Antony failed to justify his price tag at Old Trafford as he scored just 12 goals in 96 appearances across all competitions.

Napoli agree Hojlund deal

AC Milan have opened talks with Man Utd over a deal for Rasmus Hojlund
Image:
Could Rasmus Hojlund join Italian champions Napoli?

Napoli have agreed a deal with Manchester United to sign Rasmus Hojlund on loan with a conditional obligation to buy.

The total package is understood to be worth more than £43m – but United are waiting for the striker to finalise personal terms.

If Hojlund does not agree a contract with Napoli, he could yet stay at United.

The obligation for Napoli to sign Hojlund will be triggered if the Italian champions qualify for the Champions League.

The loan fee is thought to be worth more than £5m (€6m) and the obligation price is £38m (€44m).

Garnacho set for Chelsea move

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Enzo Maresca confirmed Alejandro Garnacho was at the Chelsea training ground and he expects him to fit into the Blues squad as a winger

Antony is set to follow Alejandro Garnacho out of Man Utd after Chelsea agreed a £40m deal to sign the winger.

The 21-year-old forward underwent his Chelsea medical on Friday.

The deal, which includes a 10 per cent sell-on fee, represents the fourth-largest sale in United’s history after those of Cristiano Ronaldo, Romelu Lukaku and Angel Di Maria – and the club’s largest-ever sale of an academy graduate.

A compromise over Garnacho’s valuation had to be reached as United valued him at £50m – which was more than Chelsea were prepared to pay.

United negotiated the fee up from an initial Chelsea offer of £25m and are understood to feel it is a good, pragmatic deal, delivering their largest sale fee for five years. They also believe it is a good solution for the player, who has been pushing strongly to leave.

Mainoo tells Man Utd he wants to leave

Mason Mount (centre) celebrates scoring Manchester United's fourth goal with team-mates Kobbie Mainoo (left) and Harry Amass (right)
Image:
Kobbie Mainoo has expressed an interest to leave on loan

Kobbie Mainoo has requested a loan move to get more game time this season, Sky Sports News has been told.

But United have no intention of allowing him to go on loan and Ruben Amorim insisted on Friday that he wants the 20-year-old to stay.

Amorim said: “I want Kobbie to stay and he needs to fight for his place. We need Kobbie. That is not going to change.”



#Antony #transfer #latest #Manchester #United #accept #bid #Real #Betis #permanent #move #winger #Football #News

Related Posts

Marcelo Saracchi transfer news: Celtic sign Boca Juniors left-back on season-long loan deal | Football News

Celtic have signed left-back Marcelo Saracchi from Boca Juniors on a season-long loan. The 27-year-old makes the move from Argentina as Celtic’s ninth addition of the summer, but Sky Sports…

Djokovic shakes off back pain, Norrie to reach Open 4th round at 38

Aug 29, 2025, 10:34 PM ET NEW YORK — Novak Djokovic believes his tennis is still good enough to compete for a 25th Grand Slam title. It’s his body that…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *